The Captain Benjamin Littlefield house is a mid-19th century farmhouse that was owned by multiple Block Island fishing families from the 1850s to 1970s. New to the rental market, the owners are repainting and refurnishing this winter (check back for updated pictures). The property includes a well preserved Cape Cod style farmhouse that was started in 1852. In 1994, the interior was restored and now includes two bedrooms upstairs, a full bathroom with claw-foot tub on the main living level, open living/dining room and small kitchen in the ell. NOTICE: Steep stairs and low ceilings in the bedrooms
There is also a mid-20th century building used as a fisherman’s cottage / artist’s studio. This original 1 ½ story gable-roof building was converted into a summer cottage / barn in the early 1970’s. On the first level there is a eat-in kitchen with a small stacked washer & dryer and a full bathroom with stall shower. Upstairs there are two bedrooms with high ceilings and plenty of room. Through one of the bedrooms, there is a wonderful second story deck with sweeping views of Block Island Sound – from Montauk, NY to Newport, RI!
This property encompasses a grassy 5.3 acre lot enclosed by stone walls and a wooden picket fence on the West side of Corn Neck Road. There are also two late 19th century outbuildings which, along with the bunker room and garage of the fisherman’s cottage, are restricted from tenant use.